Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thank god for all I missed...

Cause it led me here to this. Today I heard the song  "This" by Darius Rucker, on the radio. I have heard it many times before, but as I heard it today, I actually listened. I've always believed everything happens for a reason, but it really hit me at that moment. I actually cried to be honest. You might say it's just my pregnancy hormones, but I don't think that was the case this time. Think about it, if you made that green light the other day instead of catching it at red, would everything else have happened the same? Doubt it. I can't imagine not having Alesyia in my life. She is two years old and these last years have been the most amazing part of my life so far, and it just keeps getting better.
Alesyia grows and improves every single day. When she was 6 months old she crawled. 11 months, she walked.  By 18 months, she had a pretty large vocabulary and now at 2 her doctor has said she is speaking at a 3 year olds level. As I said before, we started potty training. Funny story from today: We went to my parents house to have dinner tonight. I was in the bathroom and heard her say she had to go poop. So I come out into the living room and my mom is laughing hysterically. Alesyia has a small little people doll house over there and she decided that since she had to poop, she was going to do it in her doll house toilet! She squatted over it and stood up and said "I pooped in the toilet!" Luckily she had her pull-up on still, but she really pooped! The doll house looks like this:



I'm glad she is trying, but did she really think she could fit on there? ;)

Sooo, if you ever get frustrated with something, think about the positives and that if one small thing had been different in your life, you wouldn't be where you are today. I will never regret anything that I do through out my life because it's happening for a reason. I hope all of you feel the same way. Look up the song "This" and really listen to it. You will enjoy it and possibly cry too ;)

-Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment